Jacqui Patterson, NAACP
INTERFAITH MORAL ACTION ON CLIMATE
WITH LOVE, WE WILL RESIST!
Sunday, January 15, 2017 New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, Washington, DC for a multi-faith, spiritual assembly to honor Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. on his 88th Birthday with the following agenda:
1. STAND UP & ORGANIZE FOR JUSTICE for people and planet Earth
2. ACT IN SOLIDARITY with Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Water is life!
3. CALL FOR A MORAL REVOLUTION OF VALUES that Dr. King spoke of in his prophetic 1967 Riverside Church sermon “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break the Silence” when he named Racism, Materialism and Militarism as the deadly “triplets" afflicting America.
Other participants, some featured in other videos, included:
- Imam Johari Abdul-Malik,
- Sahar Alsahlani, Community of Living Traditions, Stony Point
- Rev. Dr. Carroll Baltimore, Senior Pastor of the International Community Baptist Churches, USA and the Philippines
- Rev. Roger Gench, New York Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Wenonah Hauter, Food and Water Watch
- Robert Miranda, Singer/Songwriter
- Luci Murphy, People’s Music Network
- Rev. Rebecca Parker, All Souls Unitarian Church
- Mary Phillips, Omaha/Laguna Pueblo
- Rabbi Arthur Waskow, The Shalom Center
- Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Hip Hop Caucus